Author: Aidée James
Narrator: Felicia Palmer
Length: 6 hours 4 minutes
Series: The Affair, Book 1
Publisher: Aidée James
Released: May 4, 2020
Genre: Women’s Fiction
Her husband’s affair won her a golden ticket for a night with anyone, but what happens when the man she chooses wants more than her body?Cris didn’t believe in forgiving a cheat, but when her own husband betrays her, she is faced with the hardest decision of her life. Does she stay or does she leave him?She doesn’t know which way to go, but she does know one thing. The only way she will stay is if they can level the playing field. And now armed with a ticket and a tall dark and sexy as hell prospect, she can do just that.
When Mexican-American author Aidèe Jaimes isn’t chasing after her energetic daughter and spending time with her happily ever after husband in their Florida home, she’s living other lives through her characters. As her writing evolved into darker, sexier, no holds-barred stories, she transitioned from the pen name Haden Hudson, to the author she is today!
Aidee Jaimes tells a story that some people think about. In the description it tells of a husband that cheats on his wife and she finds out. Now she has her ticket or hall pass as I like to call it (based off the movie.) Aidee writing keeps you engaged throughout the whole story. The story is hot and heartbreaking at points.
Felicia Palmer is great. I don’t think there could have been someone else who could have brought this story alive. There is a little child in the story. When there is a child I find that most narrators usually miss the childlike voice but Felicia hits it on the head. Which keeps you engaged the whole time. There are southerns accents that she pulls off great. They sound authentic.
I can’t wait to read the second book.
I received this audiobook as part of my participation in a blog tour with Audiobookworm Promotions. The tour is being sponsored by Aidèe Jaimes. The gifting of this audiobook did not affect my opinion of it.
Q&A with Author Aidèe Jaimes
- Tell us about the process of turning your book into an audiobook.
- The process itself is quite simple for the author, because the producer or narrator, does most of the work. I simply approve. The hardest thing for me was finding the perfect narrator. I auditioned several until I came across Felicia Palmer. She blew me away with her audition and I knew she was the one!
- How did you select your narrator?
- I auditioned. There were some very good narrators, but they were missing something I couldn’t even name. The story is extremely emotional, and I needed to hear that. When Felicia took on Cris, I felt every bit of her angst.
- How closely did you work with your narrator before and during the recording process?
- With Felicia, she took on the role of Cristiana and made it so much her own, along with all the other characters, I didn’t have to guide her. The only time I assisted was during the pronunciation of Cris’s first name, Maria. Other than that, she was amazing.
- Were there any real life inspirations behind your writing?
- All of my writing has some sort of real life inspiration behind it. Although you may never know which part I actually played in it. I may have been the heroine or the villain. In some cases both. This is no different. Writing is my outlet, and I pour everything I am into it.
- Is there a particular part of this story that you feel is more resonating in the audiobook than in the book format?
- The main thing about this story is that it’s extremely emotional. Something my readers mention a lot is that they can feel her angst through the words. Felicia’s audio performance intensifies that tenfold, and I really believe even people who’ve read the Affair series, will find this to feel greater.
- Have any of your characters ever appeared in your dreams?
- I’ve never had characters appear in my dreams. Nope. They haunt my every waking hour though!
- What’s your favorite?
- My favorite food is: Pizza
- Song: I have too many!
- Book: Too many too, but I will say Sherillyn Kenyon’s Fantasy Lover is one I hug to my chest when I get my hands on it.
- Television Show: Chopped
- Movie: The Scarlet Pimpernel (I love the book too!)
- Band: Metallica
- Sports Team: Don’t watch
- City: New Orleans!!!!!
- Are there any of those things referenced in your work?
- I often reference those things in my books because every single character, good guy, bad guy, and their mothers are all me, therefore they like what I do! The most influential of my likes however, is New Orleans. You will see that all the time in my books. It’s where my heart goes, the place that makes me sigh, and where I ache to see again.
- Are you an audiobook listener?
- I actually just recently started listening, and I really love it! But I still also love the smell of a book!
- What’s next for you?
- Next for me is a long list! I have several books in the works for the year and into the next, as well as other audio books currently in production. One of these includes the spinoff of The Ticket and Red Dress, called The Promise. Also being produced by Felicia Palmer!
Plugging you into the audio community since 2016.