Author: Lindsey R. Loucks
Narrator: Kamala Alcantara
Length: 9 hours 58 minutes
Series: Haunted Stars, Book 1
Publisher: Evershade Publishing
Released: Nov. 20, 2018
Genre: Paranormal Romance; Science Fiction
Nineteen-year-old Absidy Jones is a ghost magnet, a sensitive person spirits flock to when they can’t cross over. After her brutal past escaping the hordes of ghosts vying for her attention, she spends her reclusive existence melting down iron into bite-sized pieces. Whether alloy or wrought, ancient paper clips or nails, consuming iron is the only thing that keeps the ghosts away.
But when Absidy’s sister goes missing in deep space, a dangerous place brimming with rogue planets, ship-eating nebulas, and vicious aliens, Absidy vows to find her. She leaves her safe haven and boards the first ship she can that’s on a direct route to deep space – a ship that turns out to be haunted.
To keep the malicious ghosts from killing her, the alluring bad boy pilot gifts her a small bundle of all the iron on the ship. But their growing relationship is tested with the crew’s prying eyes and hidden secrets. While the ship sails into deep space, it’s not just her sister’s life that Absidy fears for. It’s her own as well. Especially since her stash of iron has shrunk to zero.
Lindsey R. Loucks is a USA Today bestselling author of paranormal romance, science fiction, and contemporary romance. When she’s not discussing books with anyone who will listen, she’s dreaming up her own stories. Eventually her brain gives out, and she’ll play hide and seek with her cat, put herself in a chocolate-induced coma, or watch scary movies alone in the dark to reenergize.
Kamala Alcantara is a Voice Actress & Audiobook Narrator capable of performing a wide range of voices & accents.
Lindsay is a new author to me. I have never listened or read whatever books before. If you love a good book about a medium Or someone who is sensitive to ghosts this book has a whole new take on that. So the setting is in a Futuristic land where we are able to travel between different planets. The main character is an interesting character to say the least to. She is our medium. She is able to attract ghosts to her unfortunately For her this is a bad thing because he ghosts are able to kill her. Our main character sister and the sending a signal thing sail The whole town thinks that she has gone rogue and she doesn’t want to be found. So this is where the whole adventure begins and I don’t want to give too much away because it is a very interesting read and I feel that it should be gone and to without knowing much about the story.
Now for our narrator this is the 1st story I have heard her read. She is absolutely fantastic. The range that she has is a very nice. There was a different voice for each of the different characters. This is really important to me when a voice actress is narrate a book because I like to be able to distinguish the characters. Her tone throughout the entire book is even and her voice has a nice calming effect to it. So even when she was reading high action and intense seems I just felt calm. It’s the weirdest thing I tend to gravitate towards readers who are very calm and have a soothing voice.
Now for the production of this audio book I found it was very professional. There were no awkward pauses or anything to distract from the audio book it felt. Over all this was a very enjoyable experience to listen to. As you guys know I like to speed my books up as I’m reading them. I ended up getting this almost to triple times the speed it because I did feel that the reader loves to make sure that she’s very understood. Sometimes I can find this to be a little too slow for my liking so I will speed the book up. And I didn’t find any distortion when I did feed the book up to triple times the speed. I was able to understand the narrator a very clearly. So this is also a Testament to the production over all of this book.
I definitely recommend the audio book over the physical or even E book. I always recommend an audio book over it E book or a physical copy I don’t know wh
I received this audiobook as part of my participation in a blog tour with Audiobookworm Promotions. The tour is being sponsored by Lindsey R. Loucks. The gifting of this audiobook did not affect my opinion of it.
By Author Lindsey R. Loucks
- Jennifer Lawrence – Absidy Jones
- Whether you love Jen or hate her, she’s proven she can be the tough girl with a don’t-give-a-f*ck attitude and a large dose of vulnerability. That’s my main character, Absidy, in a nutshell. Let’s just add some chains to Jen’s hair and dress her up in a spiked corset, and she’ll be repelling ghosts in no time.
- Charlie Hunnam – Mason (Mase) Ryan
- *swoon* Absidy’s love interest is a bad-boy pilot who is thoroughly lickable. Enter Charlie. Enough said. ☺
- Idris Elba – Captain Glenn
- Whenever Idris opens his mouth, I listen. He has that quiet command suitable to head a haunted spaceship and could silence an unruly crew member with one (sexy) look.
- Ian McShane – Randolph
- Randolph, head chef, is a little bit hairy and a little bit drunk, both things Ian McShane can portray very, very well!
- Theo James – Doctor Daryl
- Theo is good-looking, intense, and seems like he’s a bit of a loner, all qualities he shares with Doctor Daryl.
- Mackenzie Crook – Nesbit
- He’s a genius engineer who just might be insane, and Mackenzie’s exceptional, unique acting ability would be perfect for Nesbit!
- Kelly Marie Tran – Moon Dragon
- Sexy, confident, and funny, Moon has drawn Absidy out of her shell in their shared dorm at college. Moon is Absidy’s only friend, a responsibility Moon takes very seriously. Kelly Marie Tran has that same lovable, sultry allure as Moon.
Prize: 1-Month Audiobooks.com Membership
➜Sign up as a host here
Thank you all for joining me here in our little part of wonderland. Please dont forget to feed the unicorns on your way out.
Until next time