Hello, wonderlandians. Happy Tag Tuesday. How are all of you? I hope you are doing good today. I am so excited about this tag. It has a bit of everything in it. I have put a few book recommendations in this post. So if you check them out let me know.
1. Do you get sick while reading in a car?
I don’t get sick in the car when I am reading. When I am in the car I listen to audiobooks. This way I can close my eyes and just relax. I use to read on my iPad. I found that as long as I have some kind of noise to block out everyone that is in the car with me then I am ok.
2. Which author’s writing style is completely unique to you and why?
Jennifer L. Armentrout. I think not only does she write amazing characters that I can relate to. The way she writes her dialogue is in a way that you feel like you are there in the conversation. She has said that when it comes to writing dialogue for her she just tries to write how people would talk in everyday life.
3. Harry Potter Series or the Twilight Saga? Give 3 points to defend your answer.
Ok please don’t give me any hate for this. I am going to have to choose the Twilight sage on this one because I have actually read the whole series. I have tried reading Harry Potter time and time again. I really did not like reading as a child and my parents are big reads so they would try every trick in the book to try and get me into the book. Harry Potter was one of those attempts. My mom and I would read the first book before bed. It is one of the greatest memories I have of my mom. I have tried reading Harry Potter in my adult years now that love reading. I can’t get past the fact that it is in the third person. I can’t sit down and read in the third person. I don’t know what it is. Though I have the audiobook so I am slowly making my way through the book.
I can’t think of three reasons why. It is not a better story not by a long shot. I liked Twilight when it came out. It was good to read at the time. Harry Potter is a book that you read time and time again and you always find new things that you didn’t notice before. At least that is what my siblings tell me. I hope to find out soon.
4. Do you carry a book bag? If so, what is in it (besides books)?
Nope. I carry an over the shoulder bag. A notebook so I can write the book I have been talking about on here.
5. Do you smell your books?
6. Books with or without little illustrations?
Both. It does not bug me either way.
7. What book did you love while reading but discovered later it wasn’t quality writing?
Twilight. Isn’t that going to be a lot of people’s answer? No. Just me? Ok.
8. Do you have any funny stories involving books from your childhood? Please share!
I remember when I was in first grade there was this really pretty edition of Peter Pan in our school library. My friends and I would always fight over who got to take it home. I don’t know why. We could not read that book at that time. I look back on that memory alot.
9. What is the tiniest book on your shelf?
IT is a book called Writes Block. It is the shape of a block.
10. What is the thickest book on your shelf?
The anniversary edition of Where the Sidewalk Ends by Shel Silverstein.
11. Do you write as well as read? Do you see yourself in the future as being an author?
I am currently in the middle of two projects. I have going to be focusing on one though. I have mentioned it on my blog before but I really don’t know if anyone has caught on. The project I am going to be focusing on over this next year is probably the most personal project I have ever written. I would love to get that book published. It deals with a sensitive subject.
12. When did you get into reading?
When I was a wee toddler and my sister always read me bedtime stories.
13. What is your favourite classic book?
To kill a Mockingbird, And then there were none, A light in the forest, Where the red fern grows. Just to name a few.
14. In school what was your best subject?
15. If you were given a book as a present that you had read before and hated, what would you do?
Now, this depends on who gave me the book.
16. What is a lesser known series that you know of that is similar to Harry Potter or the Hunger Games?
I can’t answer this because I have read either of those series. Well, I have read the first four book in Harry Potter over the years but never to completion.
17. What is a bad habit you always do while blogging?
Forgetting to preplan my blog post for the week.
18. What is your favorite word?
Well, I have two. Reading and then one is a swear word. I won’t put here though. Reading is my favourite word because it reminds me that I have a place where I can go to when I am having a bad day mentally.
19. Are you a nerd, dork, or dweeb? Or all of the above?
I am a nerd and dork. You best bet I am proud to be both.
20. Vampires or Fairies? Why?
Vampires because of Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead. My favorite book series of all time.
21. Shapeshifters or Angels? Why?
Angels. If you have not read the Unearthly series by Cynthia Hand. What are you doing with your life? It is so good.
22. Spirits or Werewolves? Why?
Spirits. I recommend the book call Sisters of Blood and Spirit by Kady Cross. Great Series.
23. Zombies or Vampires? Why?
Vampires. Who doesn’t love vampires? Plus, Angel from Buffy was like my first love.
24. Love Triangle or Forbidden Love?
25. And finally: Full on romance books or action-packed with a few love scenes mixed in?
Depends on the mood I am in.
Thank you for joining me here in our little part of Wonderland. Don’t forget to feed the unicorns on your way out.
Until next time